Sunday, October 17, 2010

From Democrat to Republican

I was born and raised in Wisconsin's 7th Congressional District.  Dave Obey, democrat, had been the congressman there forever.  My parents were democrat.  Didn't matter the candidates, whoever was the democrat got their vote.   I am embarrassed to say that my first vote for President was for Jimmy Carter back in 1980.  Then I graduated and got away from college, got a job, began paying taxes and paying attention and the man in the video came on the scene.    I've been a conservative ever since. 




I need to get one of these. Think I'll start a Christmas list.

3 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I have to confess I too voted for Carter. He was a good Governor but sucked as a President. Been a Republican ever sense. I’m just sorry all we had to vote on in the last election, as a Republican, was McCain - a Democrat in Republican clothing.

Matty said...

I was old enough to vote, but just barely back in Carter's days, and remember being glad he won in 76. I was even happier four years later when Reagan won.

Lucy said...

Oh, my gosh my story is very similar. My parents are straight party ticket voters. PERIOD and they are Democrat! The first year I was eligible to vote was 1984 Reagan vs. Mondale. Raised a Democrat and only 18 I went with Mondale. Of course, we all know how that ended (LOL). Over the years I have voted both. I must admit I am more of a conservative moderate and I do not vote straight party lines but I do lean republican NOW. There was a time my family called me the bleeding liberal and I always said I was a moderate. They are now believing me and I must admit with age my views have changed.